Briar Rabbit Primitives by Folk Artist Starla Myers

Blessings to you! Thanks so much for stopping by my little Blog corner.

I so appreciate your interest in my work and I Love hearing from you, so don't be shy! Leave me a comment...or drop me a line!

Please check back, as I will be adding to my Blog Page often.

I am a Folk Artist, A Grandmother & an Advocate for Animals, especially Pit Bulls, a breed very close to my heart.

My Blog is a mixture of my Favorite Things. My Family, My Friends, My Work & My Dogs.

I hope you enjoy your visit! Hugs, Starla :)


Say NO to Breed Selective Legislation & Help the Underdogs

Say NO to Breed Selective Legislation & Help the Underdogs

Please Click Everyday to Help Feed Shelter Animals.

The Animal Rescue Site

Monday, March 17, 2008

Say you Missed It...Well, here Ya go...

I've had quite a few folks email me to say they missed Rachel Ray's show & really wanted to see it. Donna Reynolds of Bad Rap was kind enough to share the link to the story from their site. For those of you who missed it...or those who just want to see it again...just click on this blog entry title, or the link below & it will take you directly to the show segment. There you will see some background on the dogs painful journey... from Hell ...to Now. One of my favorite rescued dogs... Jonny Justice is featured hamming it up with Donna & Rachel Ray. Someone asked Donna why Rachel requested quiet in the studio & no applause...Was Jonny nervous? No...Donna replied. He is such a people lover, he just wanted to play & meet all the new people smiling at him from the audience! If the people had clapped, he would have thought they all wanted to play, so everyone was quiet to keep him focused. LOL! Pibble Power...there's nothing like it! :) A Huge Thank-You to the folks at Bad Rap for standing up to the Humane Society & fighting to save Jonny, Hector & all the other Vick dogs, who so desperately deserved a chance at life. Without you guys, these dogs would be just another sad statistic. http://www.badrap.org/rescue/video/vick/badrap_rr_022808.html

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Hi Starla! I'm so glad I found your blog...I'm adding you to my folks of art list, if that's ok? Love your offerings for TDIPT. Your grandbabies are so cute, and so are you! I can't believe you have grandchildren!

Uncle Sam & Rocket Dog Pull Toy

Uncle Sam & Rocket Dog Pull Toy
This is one of my all time favorite pieces. I used my APBT Phil as the model for Rocket Dog.

~*Rebecca's Thyme Primitives*~

~*Rebecca's Thyme Primitives*~
"Rebecca's Thyme Primitives" in Pigeon Forge, TN is truly a Primitive Lovers Delight! If you are planning a visit to the Great Smoky Mountains area... Be sure to put this on your "To Do" List!

Rebecca offers a wide variety of Fine Hand Crafted Furniture, Lamps, Candles, Stitcheries, Dolls, Folk Art "Needfuls" as well as Offerings from Me!

I am doing One of a Kind pieces for Rebecca, as well as Finished Goods from some of my Favorite Artists/ Designers Patterns.

Thanks to Kentucky Primitives for the Great Cupboard Eagle design, Crows Roost Prims for my Favorite Black Bear design & Jackie Schmidt for her Wonderful Primitive & Prairie Doll designs! Love you ladies! :)

Reece & Polly Dog out for a stroll

Reece & Polly Dog out for a stroll
Apollo has been to obedience school. Can't say the same for Mr. Reece...LOL!

Did I mention I have a Grand-Kitty too?

Did I mention I have a Grand-Kitty too?
Reece gives Mr Kittlesworth a hug....

Wyatt gets luv from Phil

Wyatt gets luv from Phil