This story was reported on the "OHMIDOG!" Blog tonight. Finally it's out...We all knew it, but still Vick will not accept ANY responsiblity for his cruelty. He still side steps the fact that he KILLED Dogs & Enjoyed It! Here's the proof that I'm sure he did not want made public.
The United States Department of Agriculture, in response to a Freedom of Information Act request, released hundreds of pages of new evidence last week from its investigation of NFL quarterback Michael Vick to Atlanta’s WSBTV.
The documents include summaries of interrogations by federal investigators with member of Vick’s dogfighting ring and confidential informants in the case.
Among the revelations:
• A confidential informant told investigators that Vick drowned dogs, shot them to death and killed others “with a shovel.”
• A Delta Airlines employee from Virginia was fired “when he attempted to get Vick around security” during the peak of the dog fighting operation. Vick “felt responsible” and went on to hire the employee.
• In 2003, Vick and two other men attended a dog fight in Blackstone, Va., bringing with them two pit bulls. Both lost so the dogs were left with the owner of the property. Vick did not keep dogs that lost matches.
• In April 2007, Vick tested several dogs to determine if they had the predisposition to fight. He ordered six or eight dogs destroyed because they did not meet his standards. The witness said Vick personally helped drown three or four dogs, a process that took two people to hold the animal’s legs while the dog’s head was held under water. Vick also hung dogs.
• The witness told investigators Vick “seemed to get an ‘adrenaline high’ when killing the dogs.”
Vick served nearly two years in federal prison after pleading guilty to a federal animal fighting charge. He was released in 2009 and joined the Philadelphia Eagles.
WSBTV.COM submitted the request for the records in March 2008. The information was delivered by the USDA last week.
Shame on Michael Vick for his lies & Shame on the HSUS for their involvement in his so called "rehabilitation". Vick tried to kill the dogs by his own hands & the HSUS fought hard to have ALL the dogs killed after they were confiscated in the raid on Vicks property. Now they stand hand in hand...making millions & smiling all the way to the bank. Support the folks who actually helped save these dogs & fight for them still. BadRap, the ASPCA, Best Friends, Our Pack Inc, Brandon Bond, and many others who had a real hand in saving these dogs, who are now much loved Family Pets & Certified Therapy Dogs. Kudos to these folks!